Monday 26 March 2012

New Music Monday

I've got a shit load of new music for you on this fine sunny Monday! All kinds of music, some of which you may love! 



First up is the long awaited return of the fabulous Paloma Faith! 




Beautiful! The track is called 'Picking Up The Pieces' and it's amazing. I love Paloma. She did not get the credit she deserved for her debut album 3 YEARS AGO can you believe?! Paloma is a great girl and a fantastic song writer. I hope this does well for her. It will be featured on her new album Fall To Grace which is released on 28th May. 


Next up is Justin Bieber's new track. 




Hmms. I really don't know whether I like 'Boyfriend'. First of all, I have nothing against Justin Bieber. Just his crazy ass fans do my nut in with their Beliebe shit or whatever it is. I have liked some of his previous work. I was curious to hear this song since they said they was going in a different direction. Not sure if it's paid off. I find the backing track (the bit that sounds like a radar) HIGHLY annoying and distracting and his talking lyrics like Justin Timberlake's aren't impressive and if you actually listen, quite cringey. Buzz Lightyear? Fondu? Really? It might grow on me but I'm not so sure on this on Biebs. 


Next is Eva Simons! 




You may remember back in 2009, this Danish pop star released her debut track Silly Boy which was amazingly good! But for some stupid reason, everyone on Youtube thought it was Lady GaGa and Rihanna teaming up. AS IF. It doesn't even sound like either of them, so people are just silly. Once that was cleared up, the song didn't do that well unfortunately and Eva disappeared for a bit, with the exception of a few cameos for Afrojack, Chris Brown and LMFAO. Now she's back with this brand new track 'I Don't Like You'. I should hope she does like me, I'm a fan after all. No, the song is a great dance track and very Eva. I see she still has her amazing hair. Let me know if your a fan! 


Next is Tulsia. (The one from N-Dubz and X Factor and that sex tape...)




I didn't like it at first. But now, I love it. Young is Tulsia's debut solo song from her upcoming album, Young. It's a summer smash! While she looks totes awks in the video and not comfortable at all, I don't really need to see the video to enjoy the song so hurray! Her vocals are on form and this will be massive in the clubs! Well done her. 


These next two songs I'm gonna share with you aren't exactly new, but they are to me. 


First is M83. I had never heard of them either, BUT, you know the theme tune to Made In Chelsea, and the song the BBC have used for the advert for the Olympics? That's from them and here it is. 




Such a good song! I properly love it. And their album isn't bad either. 


Finally we have a song by Colbie Caillat. It came to my attention while watching this week's episode of Smash. Katherine McPhee covered it and I really liked it, so I checked out the original version to find it wasn't released that long ago and this girl has been around for a while! Some people just slide under the radar. The song is called 'Brighter Than The Sun' and it's a very nice lovely summery song. 




And that's your lot today! I hope you've liked some of the music I've shared! 

No comments:

Post a Comment